Thursday, October 30, 2014

Week 11 - Essay - English Fairy Tales.


For this week I will be assessing the chosen reading unit. This week I have decided to read about English fairy tales. Being eleven weeks into the semester, I think so far this is my favorite reading unit. I thought I had found my favorite unit last week. But I felt more engaged with the stories this week. I think that they were very exciting and a good and easy read.

My favorite this week was the story that I chose for my story telling assignment - Tim Tit Tot. I just felt that this story entertained me the most. I think that the girl in the story was rather fortunate. One: she was married to the king. So I’m sure she was lavished in every way possible. Then, even though she was unable to spin, she miraculously found someone to help her. However, everyone that came to her aid set conditions on her. The king wanted her to spin on the twelfth month of the year, and Tim Tit Tot wanted to keep her if she didn’t guess his name right. I also like how the story ended. I thought that it was quite a coincidence that the king randomly saw this creature singing his name, whilst he was spinning. Then he came to tell his wife. Not knowing that he had just saved her.

I also really enjoyed, The Rose tree, and Mr Fox. I think they too were marvelous stories. Also I like reading the story of the three little pigs. Although, it was not my favorite of the bunch. But it was interesting to read the difference in the story, in comparison to the one we are all used to. I strongly recommend this reading unit to anyone who hasn’t decided on a reading unit for week twelve.  I think the information provided prior reading the unit was sufficient to base a decision on. It really is a short and sweet reading unit.

 
 
 
Link: English Fairy Tales

No comments:

Post a Comment