Sunday, September 7, 2014

week three: famous last words



Famous last words for this week: Well… I feel like this semester is going by real quick. I cannot believe that we are already on week three of this all and are now starting week fours work. I managed to work ahead this week. Lessening the work load for me this week as I have had such a hectic week. I have two quizzes which thankfully I managed to do great in. Work has been really slow, which I don’t really much enjoy slow days. As I am a very active and productive person and don’t enjoy hanging around much.
I have finally set myself a flow and a routine in terms of organizing my time. Yes I know its three weeks into the semester already but these things take time. I really wish I had more time as I did the week before allowing me to work ahead. Now I am pretty much caught up and I need to start on week fours work.

I think I am getting better each week in terms of my writing as I thought I did a terrible job in retelling my story in week two, however I think I did a much better job this week. I haven’t yet reached the word count so I am trying to think about what else I could write on here so that that I can hit three hundred. Two hundred and thirsty seven (ah come on I can do this). Oh I am really excited about the fall, I cannot wait for this place to start cooling down. My family in Seattle are sort of experiencing the drop in temperature already.

Oh looking at other peoples writing when commenting, it really makes me think wow! What great writers are in this class and if anyone is actually going to pursue this as a profession? Week four here I come!

 Stay happy!
Stay happy, by: Nite Owl II, date: 2009.Source: wikipedia.



8 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you that the semester seems to be flying by so far! I can’t believe we are approaching week 7, and midterms are right around the corner! I think that I struggled with retelling the stories more towards the beginning of the semester too, and as time has progressed I feel that I am getting better at it too! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can also not believe how fast the semester has gone by! I feel like I say that every semester but as a senior I am thankful for my college days slowly coming to an end. I have enjoyed my time in college but school is just a lot of stress and takes up a lot of time. I also like to stay busy everyday. When my days are slow I am constantly trying to find things to do to fill my time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you thought the semester was going by quick 5 weeks ago I bet it really seems that way now that we're basically halfway done! It's even started cooling down now, just like you wished for a while ago! I have definitely noticed as well that there are some very gifted writers in this class and I have read some very impressive stories along the way. I hope you have a great rest of the semester!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find it funny reading this now and it is week 8. This semester is definitely going by so stinking fast! As much as I am enjoying this semester I am so ready to be done with a few of my classes! Are you from Oklahoma or have you lived here a while? I'm just curious because of how you talk about the weather. I have lived here almost my entire life and it cracks me up when people think the temperature will stay the same and then are confused when it changes! Oklahoma doesn't understand the meaning of a "season".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like Sage said, it’s funny how you said Week Three came by so fast, but it’s already Week Eight! We are half way through the semester and I feel like I cannot remember what I did these weeks. Everything moves by like a blur. Sometimes, I wish things would just slow down a bit because before we know it, graduation is going to come up from nowhere. Even though, I still have another year and a half, with the pace everything has been going, I feel like that will be in a couple months. I'm not ready to grow up! I'm a junior with the mind of a Freshman. Hahah.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some of the things that you experienced in Week 3, I am still experiencing today. My other classes are so hectic that I feel like I don't have enough time for this one! Don't get me wrong, I love this class, but I sometimes find myself doing the daily assignments last minute. When Laura opened the class a week early I was a week ahead, but since this time it's pretty hit or miss. I feel like I have a flow in my other courses, and this class gets put on the backburner, which I don't enjoy every much. It's week 8 now, so I hope you've got the hang of things and you're enjoying the semester!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Time really has gone by so fast! I can’t believe we’re already halfway through the semester. I’m glad you were able to find your own flow with all the work you have so early into the semester – it’s been eight weeks and I still haven’t found mine, ha ha. But then again, I don’t really do schedules and planning. And as for this class in general, I definitely agree. I didn’t have a good sense of what I was trying to write, at first. But as weeks went on, and the more writing practice I got, I was able to create better stories faster than I had before.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello! You are right time really goes extremely fast! I can't believe it is week 8 already!. Where do you work at just curious? I work and have school also, so I wish i had more hours in the day to do school work. I hope everything is going great for you!

    ReplyDelete