Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Week 1 - Exploring the Un-Text Book.

Working full time and also being a family man. I have chosen the stories with the least amount of reading. Nonetheless, the stories I have chosen spark a genuine interest in me. So here are my choices.


Book of Adam and Eve from the biblical traditions: the beginning of man has always amazed me and has been a controversial topic This story is almost like a myth or a tale to someone who doesn't believe in Adam and Eve being the first of mankind. It also interests me as I did not know of a second wife Lilith. It would be interesting to read the growth of this story as different faiths have different understanding of this.

Noah and the Ark and Jewish fairy tales: I have also chosen these story as I see a link between Adam and Noah's story. Biblical stories interest me. I would like to explore further the connection and the beliefs between the characters of the christian faith and that of the Jewish.

Ovid I, and III Metamorphosis: I have chosen this story as I am not familiar with Greek mythology but the numerous gods and traditions of the Greeks way of life have always interested me. So it should be something interesting to read about. I also enjoy watching Greek mythology inspired movies i.e 300, Hercules so this should definitely be interesting to learn and write about.




No comments:

Post a Comment