Sunday, November 2, 2014

Week 15: About the writing.

* What did you like best about the writing for this class? What would you like to see more of?

I liked that there was no examinations for this class. It really helps take the stress off. I enjoyed the fact that we were given the opportunity to recreate the stories that we read each week in our own way. It really allowed for us to run wild with our imagination.

* Did you choose the Storybook or the Portfolio? Are you happy with your choice? What information should I emphasize to next semester's students when they make that choice?

I chose the storybook. I think I am happy with the choice that I made. When making the decision initially I was a little unsure with which one I wanted to go with. But I am glad I went with the story book. As each week it allowed for me to create a completely different story. I also like that we were given a revision week to work on our initial postings.

* Do you have suggestions for the commenting process: suggestions about commenting on blog posts? suggestions about comments on Storybooks/Portfolios?

Yes, I think that maybe the word count of the storybook comments should have been 100 words per story/each week/ per person (If that makes sense?).

* What kinds of comments did you find most useful as you working on your Storybook/Portfolio?

For me, the most useful feedback came from you. I think your comments really helped me improve my stories. As I felt that some students didn’t properly critic other students work. But commented to get the commenting part of the assignment done.

* Do you think this class helped you to improve your writing? 

Yes, It helped me remember all my literature writing skills that I haven’t been using in a while. As an engineering major I am more used to writing reports not stories.

* What kind of writing do you see yourself doing in your future career? Will writing be important in that career?

Yes, I think that I will be producing reports. Creating projects when I graduate as a petroleum engineer.

* As you look back on your writing this semester, what advice do you have for students who will be getting started next semester?


Do not leave anything to last minute. It is very easy to fall behind in this class. If you’re not careful.

No comments:

Post a Comment