Sunday, November 2, 2014

Week 15: About the Reading

 What did you like best about the readings for this class? Are there any general suggestions you would make about how the readings are set up?

I think that collectively, this class was very well arranged. I think that you have provided us with sufficient information before choosing the reading unit. One thing I would suggest is, if it’s possible to include (maybe on the side along with the notes under each reading unit), the number of chapters each unit consists of. I think that you have chosen a good variety of stories for the students to pick from.

* Did you find some new reading diary strategies that you used in the second half of the semester?

No, as I did all the reading as oppose to half the reading. But I think that it is very helpful to give the students the option of either doing the whole reading or half the reading.

* What did you think of the overall balance between reading - writing - commenting in the class assignments?

I think that they were very well balanced. However, when we started making our own storybooks, I didn’t like that it had to be 200 words long for three students per week. I think that maybe it could have been each story/ introduction per week could have been 100 words.

* Do you think I should offer a reading assignment extra credit option? 

No, I think the way you have the extra credit system set up now is perfect.  But One thing that I would of like is to make the blog comments available before Fridays. For those of us that want to work ahead.

* As you look back from the end of the semester, what advice do you have for students who will be getting started next semester?


Always work ahead. And do as much extra credit as you can. It helps you finish the class earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment